Tomorrow’s Engineers Live brought together a host of inspiring speakers ready to share their insight and experience to support impactful engagement across the engineering and technology community.
See the programme:
- 09:30 to 10:00 Event open and registration
- 10:00 to 10:20 Welcome
Welcome introduction from:
- Dr Hilary Leevers, Chief Executive EngineeringUK
- Séan Harris OBE, Director of Membership and Deputy Director General, Institution of Civil Engineers Institution of Civil Engineers
- 10:20 to 10:35 Keynote: Yewande Akinola - Innovation for Impact
- 10:35 to 11:25 Plenary: Opening doors - creating inclusive outreach
Hear from speakers as they reflect on their approach to make engagement programs welcoming and inclusive to all. Speakers will focus on how to improve accessibility for young people who are deaf, disabled, have special educational needs and more.
- Alex Knight, Chief Executive at STEMAZING
- Kailey Firmin (she/her), Trainee Engineer at VolkerStevin
- Anna Preston, Team Leader at Mabey Hire
- Mercedes Jenkins, Global Equity Strategist at Google
- Becky Patel, Head of Education and Learning, at Tech She Can
- 11:25 to 11:45 Break
- 11:45 to 12:45 Breakout sessions
Delegates will be able to choose one breakout session from below to attend in the morning.
Pitch perfect - securing funding for your programmes
Join our breakout session and get insights into how to secure funding for engineering and technology outreach initiatives. Whether it's through collaborations with other organisations or impactful bid writing, you'll gain valuable knowledge on securing the necessary funding to drive engagement programs.
- Susan Flach-Lovesey, Stakeholder Manager at Equinor
- Beth Bramley, Head of Corporate Relationships at EngineeringUK
Getting technical - routes into engineering and technology
Discover how to make employers, young people and educators aware of the exciting, hands-on technical routes into the sector. Join this breakout to gain vital insight into how to use technical qualifications in your organisation.
- Orisha Blissett-Ffrench, Network Rail
Empowering future engineers through STEM role models
Learn more about how to effectively use inspiring STEM role models and STEM attributes to excite young people with a career in engineering and technology.
- Carol Davenport, Associate Professor and Director of NUSTEM at Northumbria University
- Wendy Sadler, Founding Director at Science Made Simple
- Vienna McAndie, STEM Learning
- 12:45 to 13:45 Lunch
- 13:45 to 14:45 Breakout sessions
Delegates will be able to choose one breakout session from below to attend in the afternoon.
Engineering and tech on screen: virtual work experience
Find out how to design and implement effective virtual work experience, providing young people with practical insights into what a career in engineering and technology looks like.
- Lisa Tomkins, Education Outreach Partner at Met Office
- Jo Bishop, Schools and Colleges Outreach Lead at Springpod
Getting buy-in from senior leadership
Learn from our speakers in this breakout, as we explore how to secure the backing and buy-in needed from senior leadership to drive your outreach forward.
- Moira Shaftoe, Head of Professional Institutions and Partnerships at EngineeringUK
- Marieke Muller (she/her), Senior Partnerships Executive at CIWEM
- Becca Thurston, Head of Academy and Skills at Wessex Water
- Shaffra Gray-Read, Senior Reputation Manager at KFC
Engineering and tech solutions - inspiring the future
Highlight the role engineering and technology plays in solving societal and environmental issues. Hear from speakers as they showcase outreach programmes that demonstrate the positive impact of engineering, equipping you to inspire the next generation of innovators and problem-solvers.
- Peter Marshman, Chief Executive at Digit<all>
- Mike Hardisty, Head of Environmental Sustainability at EngineeringUK
- Kathryn Denham-Maccioni, Digital Engagement Manager at Institution of Civil Engineers
- Suzanne Moroney, Head of Member Engagement at Institution of Civil Engineers
- 14:45 to 15:05 Break
- 15:05 to 15:55 Lightning talks - quick fire inspiration
Get energised and inspired by short, quick fire inspirational talks from speakers across the engineering and technology sector.
- Stewart Edmondson, Chief Executive at UK Electronics Skills Foundation
- Grace Benham, Channel Chair at RNLI
- Beatrice Barleon (she/her), Head of Public Affairs and Policy at EngineeringUK
- Sir Julian Young, Chair of The Tomorrow's Engineers Code
- 15:55 to 16:10 Keynote: James Dornor, Driven By Us
- 16:10 to 16:20 Closing remarks
Closing remarks from:
- Dr Hilary Leevers, EngineeringUK
- Sean Harris OBE, Institution of Civil Engineers
- 16:20 to 17:20 Drinks Reception